Eko Setiawan


Various forms of farming patterns was exist today. The objective of this study was to determine the pattern intercropping systems done by a farmer based on the local wisdom in East Java. The data was obtained from the survey in several districts of East Java province such as Bangkalan, Sampang, Pamekasan, Sumenep, Lamongan, Kediri, Sidoarjo, Gresik, and Probolinggo district. The data was grouped according to the combined of plant species. The results showed the farmers cultivated amount of 28 plant species with 80 combinations of model cropping systems. Furthermore, the data give the information amount of 31 percent (25 combination) was similar combination among farmers. On the other hand, the amount of 69 percent (55 combination) was different among farmers.


intercropping systems; model combination; local wisdom;

Full Text:



Arnon, I. 1972. Crop Production in Dry Regions. Leonard Hill. London.

Beets, W.C. 1982. Multiple Cropping and Tropical Farming Systems. Westview Press, Inc. USA Dalrymple, GD. 1971. Survey of Multiple Cropping in less developed nations, U.S. Agency for

International Development, Washington, D.C.

David L. Jordan, Jack E. Bailey, J. Steven Barnes, Clyde R. Bogle, S. Gary Bullen, A. Blake Brown, Keith

L. Edmisten, E. James Dunphy, and P. Dewayne Johnson. 2002. Yield and Economic Return of Ten Peanut-Based Cropping Systems. Agron. J. 94:1289–1294.

Frances, CA. and Flor, C.A. 1975. “Adapting Varieties for intercropping systems in the Tropics”, Paper presented in Symposium American Society Agronomy Knoxville, Tennessee, USA.

Gascho, GJ., Robert K. Hubbard, Timothy B. Brenneman, Alva W. Johnson, Donald R. Sumner, and Glendon H. Harris. 2001. Effects of Broiler Litter in an Irrigated, Double-Cropped, Conservation- Tilled Rotation. Agron. J. 93:1315–1320

Herrera, W.A.T. and Harwood, R.R. 1974. “Effect of Time of overlap of Corn in Sweet potato under intermediate nitrogen levels”, Paper read at the 6th Annual Convention of the Crop Science Society of the Philippines, Bacolod City, Philippines.

Katsvairo, T., William J. Cox, and Harold van Es. 2002. Tillage and Rotation Effects on Soil Physical Characteristics. Agron. J. 94:299–304.

Kubota, N., H.Y. Hadikusumah, O.S. Abdoellah, and N. Sugiyama. 2002. Changes in the Performance of the Homegardens in West Java for Twenty Years (1) Changes in the Function of Homegardens. Jpn. J. Trop. Agr. 46(3) :143-151.

Norman, D.W, 1974. “Crop Mixtures under indigenous conditions in the Northern part of Nigeria”, Samaru Bulletin 205, Zaria, Nigeria.

Popp M. P., Terry C. Keisling, Ronald W. McNew, Lawrence R. Oliver, Carl R. Dillon, and Daniel M. Wallace. 2002. Planting Date, Cultivar, and Tillage System Effects on Dryland Soybean Production. Agron. J. 94:81–88.

Setiawan, E. 2009. Pemanfaatan Data Cuaca Untuk Pendugaan Produktivitas (Studi Kasus Tanaman Cabe Jamu Di Madura). Makalah disampaikan pada Lomba Karya Ilmiah Penerapan Metode Prakiraan Cuaca Jangka Pendek. BMG. Jakarta. 33 halaman.

Smeltekop, H., David E. Clay, and Sharon A. Clay. 2002. The Impact of Intercropping Annual ‘Sava’ Snail Medic on Corn Production. Agron. J. 94:917–924.




  • There are currently no refbacks.

Copyright (c) 2016 Eko Setiawan

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.